Last Revised: January 2018
Purpose and Scope of Policy.
- When you use the Website;
- When you use the App; and
- When you send Angee an email, text, and other electronic messages.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Angee through any other means, including but not limited to by telephone, or on any other website operated by Angee or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible to you when you use the Website or the App.
Type of Information We Collect on Our Website and App.
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your first and last name, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone number, the name of your organization, billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name and expiration date) or any other information the Website or App collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, including any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website or App and usage details.
You can choose not to provide information to us, but, in general, some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member, use the Service, participate in a survey, contest or sweepstakes, ask us a question, or initiate other transactions on our Website or App.
Angee also collects non-personal information that you provide to us as follows:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website or App, or using our Service through the Website or App. Angee may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by Angee, and when you report a problem with the Website, App or the Service;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact Angee or a third-party service provider;
- Your responses to surveys that Angee might ask you to complete;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or App. You may be required to provide financial information before using our Service through the Website or App; and
- Your search queries on the Website or App.
Information from Other Sources. From time to time we may obtain Personal Information and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third parties. This information may be added to our account information. Examples of such information include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history and demographic information.
Automatic Information. As you navigate through and interact with the Website or App, Angee may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website or App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or App; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information Angee collects automatically may include Personal Information, or Angee may maintain information or associate information with Personal Information that Angee collects in other ways or receives from third parties. This information helps Angee to improve the Website and App and to deliver a better and more personalized Service, including by enabling Angee to:
- Discover audience and usage patterns for the Website and App;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Angee to customize the Website and App according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Website and App.
We also may use standard data tracking technologies to collect automatic data such as the following:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a commonly used automated data collection tool. It is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or device by websites that you visit or emails you open. Cookies make websites work, or work more efficiently, for example, when you return to our Website, cookies enable us to remember information from prior visits, and cookies may save data such as screen preferences and pages viewed. If you wish, you can configure your browser to block cookies; however, your ability to access certain portions of the Website may be affected.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website, App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). Unlike cookies, you cannot decline web beacons. However, setting your browser to decline cookies or to prompt you for a response generally may keep web beacons from storing your activity.
- Flash Cookies. These are similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data to provide greater Website functionality and to remember your settings, preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies operate differently than regular browser cookies, and cannot be removed or blocked via regular web browser settings. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and follow the directions provided by Adobe with respect to the Flash settings and make changes as directed therein. Limiting the acceptance of flash cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
How We Use Your Information.
Angee may use Your Information that we collect or that you provide to Angee:
- To present the Website or App and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Angee.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out Angee’s obligations and enforce Angee’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Angee, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or App or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way Angee may describe when you provide Your Information.
- For any other purpose with your consent, or if lawful, without your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information.
Angee may disclose aggregated information about Angee’s users, and information that does not identify any person or entity, without restriction.
- To Angee’s affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties that Angee uses to support Angee’s business, the Service, the Website and the App.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Angee’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Angee about the users of the Website, the App and the Service is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Angee when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent, or if lawful, without your consent.
Angee may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If Angee believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Angee, Angee’s customers, or others.
Third Party Websites and Links.
You May Opt-Out of Promotional Messaging.
Information You Can Access.
If you create an account through our Website or App, we give you access to a range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Security and Data Retention.
The safety and security of Your Information also depends on you. Where Angee has given you (or where you have created) a password for access to certain parts of the Website or App, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. Angee asks you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Angee does its best to protect your information, Angee cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website, the App or the Service. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. Angee is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or App.
Do Not Track.
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities.
Children Under 13.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information about yourself. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as set forth below under the caption “Contact Us.”
Notice to California Residents.
Under California Civil Code 1798, California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information about sharing their Personal Information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
By email: Through the “Contact Us” portion of our Website