Last Revised: January, 2019
Purpose and Scope of Policy.
- When you use the Service;
- When you use the Website;
- When you use the App; and
- When you send Angee an email, text, and other electronic messages.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Angee through any other means, including but not limited to by telephone, or on any other website operated by Angee or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible to you when you use the Service, the Website or the App.
Types of Information We Collect.
- Information You Provide
We receive and store any information you enter on the Website and the App or give us in any other way through the Service including when you subscribe to our Service, register an account, update your profile, send us an email, sign up to receive our newsletters, email updates, other marketing communications, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, survey, or other promotion, contact customer support or use a chat function, or apply for a job. We may use service providers collect this information.
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your first and last name, postal and e-mail addresses, address, telephone number, the name of your organization, billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name and expiration date), any photo, audio or video file of you or other similar material containing your or another person’s image, likeness or voice you may submit to us through the Service, the Website or the App or any other information the Service, the Website or the App collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, including any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website or App and usage details which in general is automatically collected (see “Information Collected Automatically” below).
Angee also collects non-personal information that you provide to us as follows:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website or App, or using our Service through the Website or App. Angee may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by Angee, and when you report a problem with the Website, App or the Service;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact Angee or a third-party service provider;
- Your responses to surveys that Angee might ask you to complete;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or App. You may be required to provide financial information before using our Service through the Website or App; and
- Your search queries on the Website or App.
Generally, we collect and process Your Information that you voluntarily provide to us other than information which is collected automatically (like your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address) as discussed below under the caption “Information Collected Automatically.” For some areas of our Service, the Website or the App, however, we require you to provide Personal Information in order for you to register as a member, use the Service, participate in a survey, contest or sweepstakes, ask us a question, or initiate other transactions on our Service, Website or App. If you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information that we legitimately require to provide our Services, we may be unable to provide you with the information or services you have requested.
- Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Service, Website or App. We may use service providers to collect this information. Some examples of information we collect this way include the following:
- Usage Data. We collect data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails and advertisements you view, the products you subscribe to, the time of day you browse, your referring and exiting pages, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information.
- IP Address and Device Identifiers. We collect your IP address and other device identifiers, including your MAC address and mobile advertising identifiers. We collect this data for various purposes, including to assess, diagnose problems, and improve functioning of our Service, servers, and hosting providers as well as to analyze trends and traffic patterns, gather demographic information, track the date, time, and duration of each session within our website, prevent fraud, and customize our services and advertisements.
- Location Data. We collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
- We also collect aggregated de-identified data that is non-personal, statistical information.
The information Angee collects automatically may include Personal Information, or Angee may maintain information or associate information with Personal Information that Angee collects in other ways or receives from third parties. This automatic information helps Angee to improve the Website and App and to deliver a better and more personalized Service, including by enabling Angee to:
- Help our Website and App function correctly;
- Better understand the needs of our users of the Website and App;
- Discover audience and usage patterns for the Website and App and other analytics;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Angee to customize the Website and App according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Website and App.
We may use standard data tracking technologies to collect the automatic information through the use of server logs, cookies web beacons and other tracking technologies such as the following:
- Log Files. Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around the Services, the Website or the App and understand trends.
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a commonly used automated data collection tool. It is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or device by websites that you visit or emails you open. Cookies make websites work, or work more efficiently, for example, when you return to our Website or App cookies enable us to remember information from prior visits, and cookies may save data such as screen preferences and pages viewed. The cookies we and our service providers use serve the following purposes:
- Essential website cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with the services available through our Service, the Website or the App and to use some of their features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies. These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality but are non-essential. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies. These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website and App are being used, how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us deliver you a more customized experience.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies. These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Website and App through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
Controlling Cookies. Your browser may give you the ability to block or otherwise control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies (but not essential cookies). If you configure your computer to block all cookies or choose when requested to not accept any cookies, you may not be able to access all or certain parts or functions of our Website and App. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop. If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies used. You can change your cookie settings at any time. For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org, visit www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-online-tracking or go to the help menu within the internet browser on your device.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website or App content and verifying system and server integrity).
Controlling web beacons. Unlike cookies, you generally cannot decline web beacons. However, setting your browser to decline cookies or to prompt you for a response generally may keep web beacons from storing your activity. There are also browser add-ons and extensions that specifically block web beacons. If you object to web beacons in emails, we recommend that you follow the instructions for disabling cookies above. We will still know how many of our emails are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address or other unique device identifier; but we will not identify you as an individual.
- Flash Cookies. These are similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data to provide greater functionality and to remember your settings, preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Service, Website and App. Flash cookies operate differently than regular browser cookies, and cannot be managed, removed or blocked via regular web browser settings. Flash technologies may be connected with, or managed by you, through the use of the flash player you are using. If you want to manage or control flash technologies, generally you can manage and control these through the settings of the flash player you are using. Limiting the acceptance of flash cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some flash applications and parts of our Service, Website or App.
Controlling Adobe Flash. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and follow the directions provided by Adobe with respect to the Flash settings and make changes as directed therein. Limiting the acceptance of flash cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- Analytics. We use may use third parties to provide third party web analytics services (e.g., Google Analytics) on the Website and the App to collect and store non-individually identifiable information about visitors and users. The information collected by various tracking technologies described above including cookies, tracking pixels/web beacons and flash-cookies may be used by these third party service providers to evaluate usages of the our Website and App, including the website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends of our Service, the Website and the App, and report on activities and trends. This is generally done in the aggregate to capture usage and volume statistics and through statistical reports. We do not gain access to this data. We are provided with statistical and analytics only.
Controlling Google Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting data generated by your use of the Website and App (including your IP address for analytics), you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add–on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. Location-aware technologies may be used to collect precise location data when you enable location-based services through your device. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain third party services may be collected using tracking technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver content to you on the Service, the Website or the App and certain third party services.
Information from Other Sources. From time to time we may obtain Personal Information and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third parties. This information may be added to our account information. Examples of such information include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history and demographic information.
How We Use Your Information.
Angee may use Your Information that we collect or that you provide to Angee for our legitimate interests:
- To present the Website or App and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Angee;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out Angee’s obligations and enforce Angee’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Angee, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to the Website or App or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- In any other way Angee may describe when you provide Your Information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent, or if lawful, without your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information.
Angee may disclose aggregated information about Angee’s users, and information that does not identify any person or entity, without restriction.
- To Angee’s affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties that Angee uses to support Angee’s business, the Service, the Website and the App;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Angee’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Angee about the users of the Website, the App and the Service is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by Angee when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent, or if lawful, without your consent;
Angee may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.;
- If Angee believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Angee, Angee’s customers, or others.
Third Party Websites and Links.
You May Opt-Out of Promotional Messaging.
Please allow us sufficient time to process your marketing preferences. It may take up to 30 days to process your e-mail related requests. Please note that after you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues or questions regarding our products and services.
Information You Can Access and Correct.
Security and Data Retention.
The safety and security of Your Information also depends on you. Where Angee has given you (or where you have created) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, the App or the Service, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. Angee asks you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Angee does its best to protect your information, Angee cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website, the App or the Service. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. Angee is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or App.
Do Not Track.
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities.
Children Under 13.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information about yourself. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as set forth below under the caption “Contact Us.”
Notice to California Residents.
Under California Civil Code 1798, California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information about sharing their Personal Information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To obtain this information, please make a request by sending us an email as set forth below under the caption “Contact Us.” We will respond and provide the information as required by law by reply email.
Legal Basis For Processing (EEA Only).
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area or Switzerland (EEA), please note that our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the Personal Information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. We normally will collect Personal Information from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need your Personal Information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Service you have requested), or (c) where the processing is in our legitimate interests. Please note that in most cases, if you do not provide the requested information, we will not be able to provide the requested service to you.
We will send such communications in accordance with applicable law. You can opt-out of providing information by not entering it when asked. If information is required in order to allow us to respond to your inquiry, you will receive a notice advising you of this. If you do not provide us with some or all of the requested information we may not be able to provide the requested information or our Service to you.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you, or may otherwise need the Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Information, you have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information please contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below. Please also see additional information related to your rights in the section captioned “Data Subject Rights” below.
International Information Transfers.
Angee is a United States based company. We primarily store your information in the U.S. If you are located in a jurisdiction outside the U.S., such as the EEA, the data protection laws in the U.S. may not be considered to provide an adequate level of protection under your local data protection laws. Whenever Angee transfers or shares personal information originating in the EEA or Switzerland to a party outside the EEA or Switzerland (including to us in the U.S.), it will do so on the basis of the EU standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, by ensuring the party is Privacy Shield certified (for transfers to U.S. based third parties) or other legal method. For further information, please contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you are accessing or using our Services, Website or the App or otherwise providing information to us, you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal information to the U.S. and other jurisdictions in which we operate. If you are located in a jurisdiction outside the U.S., such as the EEA or Switzerland, and prefer not to have your personal information transferred to the U.S., do not use our Services, the Website or the App. Otherwise, by using our Services, Website or App, you consent to the transfer of personal information to the U.S. and other destinations outside your home country.
Data Subject Rights (EEA Only).
The EEA and certain other non-U.S. jurisdictions maintain local data protection regulations that confer certain data protection rights on individuals. We will abide by such rights as required by applicable laws. If we do hold personal information about you, you have the right to request the following information:
- How long the data will be stored;
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing;
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time;
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority;
- Whether the provision of personal information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal information and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data;
- The source of personal information if it wasn’t collected directly from you; and
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
By email: Through the “Contact Us” portion of our Website using the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Angee Inc., 2955 Campus Drive, Suite 110,San Mateo, CA 94403